BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beyond the lighted stage, the movie about the band Rush

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anders

Anders

This movie will be in theatres on the 10th of June in United States and Canada. It was shown in Europe on the 7th of June. I saw it yesterday and it was an interesting document about this power trio and its different phases. My only complaint is that there were only 30 second snippets of the various songs. No tracks were shown in their entirety. Of course when you have to cover nearly 40 years in less than two hours it tends to become a bit shallow in some way, but still a good movie worth seeing. I didn’t know that Neil Peart lost both his daughter and first wife within 10 months in the late 90’s, but the drummer survived and returned some years later.

Here is some info and a trailer about the documentary:

http://www.rushbeyondthelightedstagemovie.com/

Kind regards,
Anders

2Beyond the lighted stage, the movie about the band Rush Empty Re: Beyond the lighted stage Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 am

drumman

If you want to see longer clips of Rush live, there are many DVD's available on the band currently.
Search Amazon.com or any other place that sells music DVD.

The DVD of the movie comes out June 29th in the U.S. and will have lots of bonus footage including
complete songs being performed.

Anders

Anders

Hi drumman,

Thanks for the info about the coming dvd release of the movie. There is an extra 90 minutes of previously unreleased live footage on this release. This should be interesting. I actually have five concerts on dvd of this band already (Snakes & Arrows, Rush R30 and Rush – Replay, a 3 dvd set that contains the concerts Exit Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure and A Show Of Hands). Rush in Rio I skipped because of the bad sound mix.

Kind regards,
Anders

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum