BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just say "NO" to the Mauch Chunk Opera House

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drumman

I hope the person who books Billy's shows uses some better judgment next time
and books him closer to the Philadelphia area. Jim Thorpe, PA is a joke.
Over 90 minutes from the Philadelphia area both ways is just a little too much to ask.

Jim Thorpe, PA is a one horse town that is nowhere near a large metropolis area.
What is the promoter or booker thinking??
Billy had a full house at the Keswick Theatre in 2002, did they forget that?
That venue is 3 times the size of the Mauch Chunk!

Thanks for reading my complaints and I hope Billy comes back to Philly next time.

D. Slam

D. Slam

Maybe that's all they could get in that area, drumman. They very well may have tried to get into a venue in Philly and were rejected... There's some very nice venues here in San Jose where I live but for whatever reason, Billy doesn't make it down here anymore. So as it stands I drive 100 round trip to see him.

Maybe it's not economically feasible for him as he is bringing his entire band with him from across the pond. Or maybe the time lines don't line up in terms of venue availability other than the suburbs. I'm quite sure if he could, Billy would love to perform in Philadelphia... It's quite possible and very likely that it's just not his call.

Years ago I would call some of the local venues and specifically ask them to book him. It's worth a try.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum