BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Cobham online drum school !!!!!!!!

+2
Daveonskins
Ted E. Bear
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Billy Cobham  online drum school !!!!!!!! Empty Billy Cobham online drum school !!!!!!!! Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:43 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Virtuoso Drummers Billy Cobham, Thomas Lang & Luis Conte Ink Deal With ArtistWorks To Launch Interactive Online Drum Schools

Email: press@artistworksdrumacademy.com
ARTISTWORKS LAUNCHES ONLINE DRUM SCHOOL WITH VIRTUOSO DRUMMERS BILLY COBHAM, THOMAS LANG & LUIS CONTE

ArtistWorks Drum Academy Debuts on December 8th 2011 Featuring Unique 2-Way Video Exchange

(11.11.11 – Los Angeles, CA) Napa California-based music education company ArtistWorks will premiere the ArtistWorks Drum Academy (ADA) with the debut of online schools from three of the world’s most accomplished, respected and talented drummers: world-renowned jazz and drumming legend Billy Cobham, drumming superstar/producer Thomas Lang, and Latin Percussion Icon Luis Conte. Launching on December 8th, both the Billy Cobham Drum School (BCDS) and the Thomas Lang Drum School (TLDS) will utilize ArtistWorks’ patent-pending video technology, allowing for two-way video exchange and interactive instruction to elevate online instruction to an unprecedented new level. The Luis Conte Percussion School (LCPS) will be added in January of 2012.

The ArtistWorks online visual education format allows virtuoso musicians to teach students all over the world by presenting their full method in a series of high-quality video lessons online. Subscribing students work through the lessons and use simple web cams to submit videos to their teacher for critique and guidance. The Artists easily review and respond to student videos on their own time using the ArtistWorks Video Management System (patent pending). Both student video and Artist response are paired together online as a “Video Exchange” for the entire community to learn from.

“We are proud to offer drummers of all experience levels – regardless of their geographic location – the same remarkable opportunity to study music with the very best drummers in the world,” says ArtistWorks founder, David Butler. “Without question, Thomas, Billy, and Luis are the top players in their genres of rock/pop , jazz/fusion drumming and percussion, and the opportunity to learn directly from them and interact with them personally is priceless.”

The Thomas Lang Drum School, Billy Cobham Drum School, and Luis Conte Percussion School contains hundreds of high-quality video lessons starting from the beginner level and progressing to the advanced level. Unlike other static learning experiences seen before on DVD or other online sites, the ADA is a groundbreaking new model of online musical instruction that revolutionizes music education. The ADA Schools take full advantage of high-resolution video, cutting-edge social media tools, and the Internet’s interactive capabilities to create a robust learning environment. Not only do the schools offer hundreds of real-time and slow motion lessons available 24/7, they also enable teaching through personalized video exchanges with students all over the world.

World-renowned drumming superstar/producer, award-winning instructional DVD creator and author, Thomas Lang is a founding member of the progressive, heavy metal trio stOrk and has worked with artists such as Asia, Falco, Geri Halliwell and Spice Girls among others. Lang is widely considered to be one of the most talented and technically proficient drummers in the world and was named #13 on Rhythm magazine’s list of “Top Drummers of the Past 25 Years” .

“ArtistWorks has created an incredibly inspiring interactive platform that not only allows me to interact directly with my students, but allows students to learn and interact with each other,” says Lang. “Learning should be an organic, multi-dimensional experience and with the ADA students get the benefit of social interaction as well as direct, personal instruction.” – Thomas Lang

Legendary jazz drummer, bandleader and composer Billy Cobham has worked with Miles Davis, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Jack Bruce and Bobby and the Midnights among others. Cobham has performed, recorded, and produced at the World of Music, Arts and Dance (WOMAD) with Peter Gabriel and currently serves as an Official Patron of WOMAD. With his legendary drumming style that combines exacting precision and explosive power -- Cobham is generally considered to be jazz-fusion’s greatest and most influential drummer.

“The networking on my site is both fun and functional,” says Cobham. “Students support each other while everyone explores the curriculum. There is an environment of camaraderie and unity that is essential to learning. I find the concept of being able to communicate directly with students all over the world incredibly exciting.”- Billy Cobham

The Thomas Lang Drum School (www.Thomaslangdrums.com) and the Billy Cobham School of Drums (www.cobhamdrums.com) will debut December 8th and both are open to drummers at all levels of proficiency. The Luis Conte Percussion School (www.luisdrums.com) will be added in January of 2012. Student membership plans are reasonably priced per school at $90.00 for 3 months, $150.00 for 6 months, and $240.00 for a 12-month subscription.

Founded in 2008 by former AOL executive David Butler, ArtistWorks, Inc is a Napa California-based technology and music education company that has created a proprietary, online "video exchange" education platform, which allows virtuoso musicians to “teach the world” by presenting their full method, technique or curriculum in HD video to subscribing students. Using simple web cams, students are able to submit videos to their teachers for individualized critique and guidance – creating a two-way, individualized educational experience. ArtistWorks currently offers curriculums from such world-class, virtuoso artists as: jazz guitarist Andreas Oberg; harmonica master Howard Levy; fingerstyle guitarist Martin Taylor; turntablist DJ Qbert; pianist Christie Peery; and the ArtistWorks Academy of Bluegrass with Tony Trischka (banjo), Mike Marshall (mandolin), Darol Anger (fiddle), Bryan Sutton (guitar), Missy Raines (bass), and Andy Hall (dobro).

For more information please visit: www.artistworksdrumacademy.com, www.Thomaslangdrums.com and www.cobhamdrums.com

http://www.drumminfool.com

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Wow That's awesome Ted!! Very Happy

3Billy Cobham  online drum school !!!!!!!! Empty BC Drum School Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

boomer

OK, Everybody:
The school is set to go, pretty much on December 8. As in anything in this business, Murphy's Law Rules so, let's se what tomorrow brings. Just the fact that I was able to accomplish this mandate is a big plus for me so I am thankful to the powers that be and to the musicians (Dean Brown, Don Thomas and Ric Fierabracci) for helping me get through the whole process along with the directing support of David Butler, James Taylor, Patricia Butler and everybody associated with the Artist Works Team. So, if this works right anyone who takes part will be able to get me for a few minutes to address a specific problem that they have. My problem and concern is that I present you, the student with "the right key to theta specific door" of a question put to me. OK, let's see what tomorrow brings and I hope that I get a chance to connect with everybody here at the Drum Academy somewhere down the line.

Boomer

MacMan

MacMan

Bill, is this an interactive format or do you post lessons that students access and/or download?
Also, if it's interactive is it a private lesson or group?
Sorry if this information in on the artistsworks site I skimmed it pretty fast so I might have missed it.

D. Slam

D. Slam

MacMan,

After becoming a member, You would ask Billy a drumming question via video demo
posted to his Artist works site forum and he would respond to your inquery personally
and in like manner. So after posting your question, you'd check back in a day or two
and a video explanation would be in your box ready for you to view at your leisure.

MacMan

MacMan

D. Slam wrote:MacMan,

After becoming a member, You would ask Billy a drumming question via video demo
posted to his Artist works site forum and he would respond to your inquery personally
and in like manner. So after posting your question, you'd check back in a day or two
and a video explanation would be in your box ready for you to view at your leisure.
Okay, thanks for that information.

Racman

Racman

Yes, that is current in the approach of teaching these days in cyberspace. They use this method of teaching in the school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online) I've been attending for the past 10 months now. Lots of student-to-student and professor-to-student interaction by way of video clipping student's work and get a visual/audible dialogue with the individual student and entire class. The learning curb has shortened due to this form of cyber educational collaborated environments. In fact, I actually did my final online while in San Francisco in a Starbucks, just across the street of my Hotel downtown, two days prior to attending RTF's concert. I scored 98% by the way and this is all because of this form of education. I praise God for that.

Great post here.

rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum