BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lenny White's New Label and New CD

+2
D. Slam
Colin
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Lenny White's New Label and New CD Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 am

Colin

Colin

"Drum Legend Lenny White who returned last year with Return to Forever will be releasing the much awaited solo album Anomaly featuring Stanley Clarke, Mike Clark, David Bendeth, Nick Moroch and many others on Abstract Logix Records. "

Great to see Guitarist Nick, return, who worked on many
of Lenny's recordings.

"Anomaly"

Good Title.

Outtasight
Colin.

2Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:29 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Thanks, Colin.

I wonder why Lenny would have Mike Clark on his album?! scratch

3Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 am

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:Thanks, Colin.

I wonder why Lenny would have Mike Clark on his album?! scratch

I like that 2 Drummers playing
It's great
I dig that.

Outtasight
Colin.

4Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:04 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin, so they're playing together? I thought he may have had Mike playing on tracks by himself.... Playing together makes more sense. I know that Billy did this with Gary Husband on his cd "The Traveler".

5Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:Colin, so they're playing together? I thought he may have had Mike playing on tracks by himself.... Playing together makes more sense. I know that Billy did this with Gary Husband on his cd "The Traveler".

I hope so.

I would like Mikes snappy sharpe snare could Lead
with Lenny alternate beats,
the alternate ending solos.
On a few tracks.

But to be very honest
Lenny has not given demos just yet

At least he has a Deal to make a CD
thats what is important here.
Times are so Hard now.

Outtasight
Colin.

6Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Racman

Racman

That should be very interesting. To me, Mike Clark is a funk-fusion player with a sense of tightness in holding funk patterns consistently.
On the other hand, Lenny is just as funky in a fusion sense but not as tight. I personally prefer Lenny's approach of loosness and relaxed groove feel with some serious intricacies. Though Lenny is no light weight when it comes to tightening up that ship and sqeezing notes together.

That difference I've noticed may make that recording that much more pleasant to hear and study. Let me know if you hear that same concept I'm refering to.

Can't wait to purchase a copy. thanks Colin for the info.

http://www.glennracoma.com

7Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am

spanky

spanky

Lenny White does not appear to be the Lenny White of old to me. Now when I saw him last year, and I said that, Don said something about a pinched nerve or something. But it seems like, well I don't know like this solo in Paris, I love Lenny White, he just does not appear to be the same, or is it just me, but I don't think so. I am not putting him down at all.

8Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:30 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I agree, Spanky. But maybe it's because of the physical troubles he's been having with the nerve. He definitely doesn't play with the same fire.

9Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:44 am

spanky

spanky

Yup, that's it Don, when I saw Return To Forever in the summer 2008 the fire that Lenny once had was out, and I kept saying to my friends, that were with me, what is wrong with Lenny. Now he could keep up with all the changes in the tunes, and was still able to keep up with the changes that Fusion always has, but that fire was not there, and his solo was a big disappointment. Now if he has a aliment I can understand. He certainly was upbeat at the show, when he came from behind the drums to play around with the audience. Otherwise than that it was a great show, Stanley Clark was glad to be back home in the place of his birth, him and I went to the same high school. But as a unit these cats were smoking Al has not lost a step, Chick has not lost a step, and Stanley was off the hook, pumped up even more because this is his home town. Now Lenny was flawless with keeping up and doing all the changes, and I am very glad that he could do that.

10Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Racman

Racman

Regarding pinched nerves; How would you come to this possiblilty in regards to a negative to his performance? I may have missed an article or somehting refering to his performance?

Please inform. Thank you,

rac

11Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

When I spoke with Lenny at the RTF meet and greet after the show in NYC, I complimented him on his playing despite him having a pinched nerve . His response to me was " thanks Ted but it's a lot more serious than that, man". He didn't elaborate further, and I didn't press him on it, as I sensed he didn't want to talk about it, which is cool.

I haven't read any articles about it nor was it discussed on the RTF site during the tour. He's playing in a trio with Stanley and Hiromi at the Blue Note in October and of course the tour with Stanley and Chick so there has been no down-time for him to recover from whatever it is.

I really hope it isn't something very serious and I won't conjecture on what exactly might be ailing him. I will just pray for him , and hope it gets taken care of.

Peace, TED [img]Lenny White's New Label and New CD Lennya10[/img]

http://www.drumminfool.com

12Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

spanky

spanky

Well there we have it, thank you Ted, it is a health issue. But I want his health to return to him, so I will pray for him also. And to be honest, I would rather his health returns to him, even if he never picks up another drum stick.

13Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 pm

spanky

spanky

Hey Ted how did you get to meet Lenny ?

14Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Racman

Racman

Hey Ted how did you get to meet Lenny ?
Spanky

It's all just Photoshoped in. No I'm joking. I would love to meet Lenny in person someday! I hear he is a gentle man. I'll agree in prayer with you all that whatever it is that's a problem will be healed or worked out.

Presently, I'm dealing with a pinched nerve in my upper right shoulder, just below the joint where it meets the collar bone. And yes, it can be a problem especially when I have to cross over with that arm to strike the crash cymbal to my left side. I'm working on re-arranging my cymbal set up where they are in a closer position. Also doing physical therapy 3 days a week and finishing with pressure point massage. According to my medical plan, I have the first 10 sessions paid by the insurance and the rest needed as my physician requires.

I hope Lenny is doing the same cause it will help even to the point of healing completly. It's doing me good.

15Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Lenny had Rotary cuff surgery... And because of this has developed muscle atrophy.
This can be found in the 2008 summer issue of Traps magazine (which I have) with Lenny on the cover.

This info is in the opening paragraphs of the article/interview with him.

D.

16Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:17 pm

spanky

spanky

I had pinched nerve in my shoulder 2 years ago and it lasted a almost if not a whole year, it would make my left arm and hand feel like pins and needles, and the VA stuck all these probes from my shoulder down to my hand with it hooked up to a computer, and they found nothing. And it lasted for about 6 or 9 more months and now it is gone. But not being able to play my drums properly was my biggest fear, more than anything else.

17Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:39 am

stephane

Hope it'll be as great as "present tense",one of my favourite!And i hope everything's fine for Lenny now.Peace,Stef

18Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Aha !!! So Don has the info . Did the article say when he had the surgery Don ? Is it posssible for you to scan the article and post it ? I would love to read it.

Spanky, I've met Lenny several times over the years. My brother Chris, who is also a drummer would occasionally roadie for him when he did gigs in New York. My brother knew Lenny thru Drummers Collective school here in NYC.

For the RTF reunion show I was put on the guest list by Bill Rooney, Chick's manager. That was courtesy of Mr. Fusion, Mike Kermisch and John Curtin, a longtime friend who transcribed the Stanley Clarke book years ago, along with the Mahavishnu book and dozens more. I will attach the pic of Stanley with John and myself.

Peace, TED[img]Lenny White's New Label and New CD Stanle10[/img]

19Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:21 am

spanky

spanky

Thanks Ted.

20Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Racman

Racman

Lenny White's New Label and New CD Lennyt16

My friend Ted. You mean you forgot I was there too?

Just joking and no pun intended. I'm at my studio with some time to kill.
Being I'm presently in my graphics program, thought I have some fun before my client arrives. Very Happy

Respectfully,

racman

I really wish I could've been there. Maybe some day soon I'll meet Lenny outside of the digital world haha!

God bless,

21Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hey Rac !

man , that looks great ! So real ! I even love the way you gave yourself a pass on your shirt . LOL

Hopefully you can meet Lenny one day, as you said ! Great job !

Peace, TED

22Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Racman

Racman

Thanks for the compliment. I've been working with Photoshop for sometime now being it's 50% part of production here in my business.

Just having some fun and thanks for keeping things fun and appreciative.

Seeing your picture with Lenny had me watching RTF's 'A Special Concert' video last night while unwinding from a hectic day of work. It's good to listen back on this band that pretty much was at it's highest point of musical success.....I feel. Very Happy

Though I thought that Henderson overplayed his soloing, never the less, it was a great concert in deed. Glad it was video taped.

rac

23Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:40 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Yeah, really nice job with that, Rac! Very cool.. Cool

D.

24Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Racman

Racman

Lenny White's New Label and New CD Lennyt18

Thanks D, glad you enjoyed it. Not to worry, I won't manipulate your default cause you two look fantastic and having my mug shot grafted in there would ruin something beautiful....haha! Smile

It's been a fantasy of mine to watch one of my icons of drummers perform or even pose with...haha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Someday...someday....someday...Hoping

God bless you and yours.

Last edited by Racman on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

25Lenny White's New Label and New CD Empty Re: Lenny White's New Label and New CD Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Racman

Racman

Oh forgot to say that I had to order another copy of Lenny White's 'Presentens' cd. I seemed to have misplaced it. Hope the copy I get is in flawless condition for listening. I also particularly liked the inside jacket showing Lenny's aqua-green finish Tamas! Beautiful kit. I get excited everytime I see it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum