BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Band

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Band Empty My Band Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm

spanky

spanky

Well guy's my band is almost complete, we are called, The Final Touch, and in place are, me on drums, the bass, keyboards guitar, a sax, congas, and 3 female singers. We are a 70's and early 80's funk band. You know like Mandrill, Funladelics, Rufus, Tower Of Power, and Average White band kind of thing.

2My Band Empty Re: My Band Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:46 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Shoot! When I read the heading I thought I'd be hearing some audio samples.
That sure would be cool to hear something from your band Spanky.

But in the meantime, Congratulations and all the best to The final touch.

D.

3My Band Empty Re: My Band Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm

spanky

spanky

D. Slam wrote:Shoot! When I read the heading I thought I'd be hearing some audio samples.
That sure would be cool to hear something from your band Spanky.

But in the meantime, Congratulations and all the best to The final touch.

D.
We just stated Don, we rehearse over my house, and I will be putting something up here soon, tomorrow and Saturday will be our second and 3rd time together, so we are trying to get tight, you know the deal.

4My Band Empty Re: My Band Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 am

stephane

yeah Kenny! Funk is not dead!
i'd like to hear you too!
ps:last month, i bought Mandrilland in "cd"(i had the rare double lp).Peace,Stef

5My Band Empty Re: My Band Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 am

stephane

oups! Sorry Spanky!!! i made a mistake!!! Kenny/Spanky.Peace!

6My Band Empty Re: My Band Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 am

fuzit

Yeah Spank, congrats on your new band! You're a regular Stevie Wonder playing all of those instruments!

Remember...You can never be TOO FUNKY!

7My Band Empty Re: My Band Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:40 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Yeah ! Can't wait to hear something from The final Touch , Spanky ! WE will see if they can funk the funk as hard as The Joint Chiefs !

And you will be doing some AWB stuff , probably Pick up the Pieces and Cut the Cake right ? Seems I recall that there was some old drummer on this site who used to play with that band ..........................hmmmmm , can't quite remember now............, not sure if they used drums way back then .................... LOL

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

8My Band Empty Re: My Band Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Ted E. Bear wrote:Yeah ! Can't wait to hear something from The final Touch , Spanky ! WE will see if they can funk the funk as hard as The Joint Chiefs !

And you will be doing some AWB stuff , probably Pick up the Pieces and Cut the Cake right ? Seems I recall that there was some old drummer on this site who used to play with that band ..........................hmmmmm , can't quite remember now............, not sure if they used drums way back then .................... LOL

Peace, TED

Don't be silly, Ted. Of course they used drums back then! Haven't you ever read about the animal skins that were stretched over
hollow logs and the animal femurs that were used for drumsticks?!!

Really, dude, get with the program... Rolling Eyes tongue Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum