BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got my copy of Drum N Voice 3!!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just got my copy of Drum N Voice 3!!!! Empty Just got my copy of Drum N Voice 3!!!! Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

c0leman

After hearing it was released, I went to itunes and I immediately purchased it. My initial excitement was brought on by the fact of how great Drum N Voice 2 was! I still play that album on my stereo daily. All I can say is thank you Billy for releasing an album that feels so great to listen to.

I could pretty much listen to the whole album without skipping anything, which is very important to me. An album should be able to take you on a journey, one that you FULLY enjoy. The new album succeeds in doing this. My favorites definitely include "Electric Man" (w/Brian Augur), "We The People" (w/Alex Acuna and Gino Vannelli), "Dreamer" (w/Bob Mintzer), and "Route" (w/Novecento). George Duke, John Scofield, and Chaka Kahn also give INCREDIBLE performances. The version of "Stratus" is pretty cool. I remember hearing this version in a clip on youtube while Billy was recording "Fruit of The Loom" I believe? And I was wondering when I was gonna hear the finished version. This is the one, 99% sure that was in the video. It was an interview with Nicolosi Productions.

The funk was strong with Drum N Voice 2, and it's just as strong (if not stronger) on this release. Both albums sound a lot alike, and I'm unsure of which one I enjoy more. It's too early to tell. Enough of my rambling, to put it simple "Thank you for the amazing new music Mr. Billy Cobham". I'm still waiting for Palindrome to come in my mail....peace.

Mike

D. Slam

D. Slam

All I can say is thank you Billy for releasing an album that feels so great to listen to.

I like the way you put that, C0leman. I think we as musicians miss this aspect of when we listen to music because it is so natural for us to scrutinize everything. Every once in a while, though, someone writes and plays something that just plain feels good! No smokin drums or burnin this or that.... It just plain feels good and makes us feel good to listen to it...

That's music, man.... Good music!

D.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum