BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 am

spanky

spanky

Sleishman Twin Pedals

I was watching Will Calhoun use these on a video, when I saw him with Living Color, he was not using these kick pedals then, but now he is promoting them. Check out the site.
Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Twin_p10

Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Sleish10
Here is Will warming up using these pedals

Last edited by spanky on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:48 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

We looked at these when I was discussing a middle pedal. Only problem is they come from Australia and I don't think they had US distribution at the time. I'd have liked to try them.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Wow. That is wild. I am
not sure I will be testing
them any time soon. If
someone does, I would be
interested in your views
on these.

Regards,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

4Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 pm

spanky

spanky

Billy tries a lot of stuff, I wonder if he has tried these. Hey Billy if you are there have you tried these ?
Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Low_le10

5Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

LOL! There's all kinds of stuff out there... These things have been around for awhile.
I really think the middle pedal concept is a great idea. I really like the idea of sitting
square at the drum set. This is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing my double
bass kit so much.

I hope this catches on.... Stores need to carry these so customers can check
em out.

On another note, Will Calhoun's playing has just never moved me.

6Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 am

spanky

spanky

I am with you Don, but he sounds great with Living Color, I will say this though when I saw this guy he never ran out of chops. But otherwise than that I am not a big fan of his.

7Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Will had nothing but nice things to say about your playing though, Don .......

[img]Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Ted_wi13[/img]

Peace, TED

8Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 am

spanky

spanky

Hey Ted' Will checked out Don ? And Ted what do you have backstage passes man, you have pictures with everybody man.

9Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Spanky, you're easy man ! LOL

As far as the passes, I have been fortunate to get them when I need them but when you go to the Blue Note or Iridium jazz clubs, usually the artists come out to meet the people. this photo with Will was taken at the Blue Note. Will came back to visit Billy and I was already there and he was kind enough to pose with me.

Peace, TED

10Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Spanky,

Much of Will's timing was somewhat suspect in his days with L.C.
I don't think he's a bad player by any means. Nonetheless, his
playing doesn't particularly appeal to me. His sense of time has
always bugged me.

But keep on swingin, Will!

11Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Haha you guys are too much! Laughing

I'd like to try that pedal out- I had always played with 2 bass drums for years, but now I'm kinda forced to do the double pedal thing which I really don't like- The left beater isn't centered on the drum like the right, so you get 2 different tones which really bugs me.

The reason i don't have 2 bass drums now is that most clubs I play can't even supply 2 bass drum mics!! and the drum riser ( if there is one) is so small I couldn't fit up there...it's sad that I can't bring what I really want to a gig and feel confident that it will be covered by the soundman. And NY?? forget it..house kit that's beat to sh**!

I like being centered, but even with this pedal, I think it would still bother me. I need to hit dead center on the kicks..

Looks cool though--haha--D.L.

12Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:53 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Daveonskins wrote:Haha you guys are too much! Laughing

I'd like to try that pedal out- I had always played with 2 bass drums for years, but now I'm kinda forced to do the double pedal thing which I really don't like- The left beater isn't centered on the drum like the right, so you get 2 different tones which really bugs me.

The reason i don't have 2 bass drums now is that most clubs I play can't even supply 2 bass drum mics!! and the drum riser ( if there is one) is so small I couldn't fit up there...it's sad that I can't bring what I really want to a gig and feel confident that it will be covered by the soundman. And NY?? forget it..house kit that's beat to sh**!

I like being centered, but even with this pedal, I think it would still bother me. I need to hit dead center on the kicks..

Looks cool though--haha--D.L.

Hey, D.L. Here's a tip for you to try:

Lower your beaters a little lower than what seems to be center (if you haven't figured this out already).
I just bought some Boas and the suggestion was NOT to raise the beaters but leave them low as they
came out of the box... I could not believe the response and feel I got from this. They hit toward the
bottom of my beater pads and it's unreal! Check it out and let me know how it works... Keep in mind
that those Boas are just plain vicious pedals to begin with. Try it and let me know.

D.

13Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals  Empty Re: Sleishman Twin Kick Pedals Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Thanks Don, I'll try that out--D.L.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum