BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back in the day in the islands

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back in the day in the islands Empty Back in the day in the islands Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Racman

Racman

Thought I share what was happening back in the day on the islands. We don't see much of this anymore cause there is no market for it. Be great coming back to it. Concerts like these were majority outdoors...you can see why.

This was Norman Brown on the island of Maui.

Around that time artists like McCoy, Benson, Watanabe, Gerry Brown, Chick Corea, Miles Davies, Freddy Hubbard, Hubert Laws, to name a few, was a common and normal day spent during ending of summer through fall seasons. These artists found fulfilling their contracts a plesure when ending world tours in the Pacific Isles. These concerts proved that Hawaii did have a tremendous market- appreciation for Jazz/fusion and influence among her many musicians including myself. Yes, in that sense Hawaii was considered to have made jazz/fusion history back in the days of the 70's - late 80's.

I'm just so blessed that I was present at most of those concerts. cheers

http://www.glennracoma.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum