BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Empty Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:30 pm

spanky

spanky

Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis, and his love for Jazz and Roland Kirk, I for one always heard Jimi play Jazz in his playing 3rd Stone From The Sun, Villanova Junction, and sometimes he would just do some of his runs in Jazz mode.

http://jazztimes.com/issues/200108
[img]Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis 20010810[/img]
http://jazztimes.com/issues/200108

2Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Empty Re: Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:39 am

fuzit

Hey Spanky - I agree, Jimi would Jazz it up once in a while..."Still Raining/Still Dreaming" & "Up From The Skies" definitely have Jazz overtones.

Brother Jimi practically created Jazz/Fusion single-handedly, IMO.. afro

3Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Empty Re: Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 am

spanky

spanky

fuzit wrote:Hey Spanky - I agree, Jimi would Jazz it up once in a while..."Still Raining/Still Dreaming" & "Up From The Skies" definitely have Jazz overtones.

Brother Jimi practically created Jazz/Fusion single-handedly, IMO.. afro
I can definitely say that Mitch Mitchell, had a very big and in Fusion, being the first rock drummer to incorporate it.
Now with Jimi it was something that he just did at times. Like his Wes Montgomery sounding Villanova Junction. And Yeah, I forgot about Up From The Skies.

4Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Empty Re: Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Colin

Colin

Jimi Hendrix: Modern Jazz Axis 11111111111111111111111111111111111-55c8

This great mag has the Final years of Jimi Hendrix
16 pages Oct 2010 Edition.
including a page on the Miles Davis - Jimi Hendrix jam session.

This is the best mag as the Detail is so good
it is sold in the USA and can be bought from
Chicago's Dusty Groove site

Outtasight
Colin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum