BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fruit from the loom at hmv!

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Fruit from the loom at hmv! Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 pm

stephane

hi guys,
fruit from the loom will be out on november at hmv.co.jp as a japan import cd;i'll order it!peace,stef
ps: i buy 80% of my cds here,they are serious and very quick!

2Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Colin

Colin

Thanks Stef

I also buy from HMV Japan.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2791109

Outtasight
Colin.

3Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Yes, but will it be autographed ? Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

4Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:58 am

Colin

Colin

It is the New CD
at a Great Price.
That is all that matters.

Outtasight
Colin.

5Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

3,000 yen converts to about $28.30 . Add postage to that. The disc was being sold at the concerts for $30. Plus Boomer would autograph it.

I don't see a " great price". I see the same thing, without an autograph. And I consider Boomer's autograph something that matters.

peace, TED

6Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:52 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Ted E. Bear wrote:3,000 yen converts to about $28.30 . Add postage to that. The disc was being sold at the concerts for $30. Plus Boomer would autograph it.

I don't see a " great price". I see the same thing, without an autograph. And I consider Boomer's autograph something that matters.

peace, TED

ABSOLUTELY, TED! cheers

7Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:09 am

Colin

Colin

Ted E. Bear wrote:3,000 yen converts to about $28.30 . Add postage to that. The disc was being sold at the concerts for $30. Plus Boomer would autograph it.

peace, TED

If you need the Autograph
fine.
But the Music is what matters.

It is Great News that HMV Japan will sell it.
Total cost to me with HMVJapan shipping, which is the best ,
for speed, is around £24.00.

Outtasight
Colin.

8Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:16 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:

peace, TED

If you need the Autograph
fine.
But the Music is what matters.

It is Great News that HMV Japan will sell it.
Total cost to me with HMVJapan shipping, which is the best ,
for speed, is around £24.00.

Outtasight
Colin.

Cmon, Colin!

No one is in "NEED" of Billy's autograph. But then, no one is in "NEED" of the actual cd either. But like the cd, the autograph would be nice to have and is a nice personal keepsake and who knows what that might turn into somewhere down the road. I have a baseball that was signed by Barry Bonds' dad, Bobby Bonds back in the early 70's. That certainly puts more value on the baseball than just having the ball itself.

9Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Colin

Colin

Not everyone needs a autograph.

Getting 'this' on a CD is Far more Important
The Music is the Key.

That is the Truth.

This is a Good Move as the Japan CD sales Market is still big.
Maybe they will do a WEA Japan 'Inner Conflicts' 24 bit CD
as that Woundedbird / USA WEA is deleted now.
Inner Conflicts with the Mega Drums and Keyboard Synthe long track
is special and now Rare.

Downloads Suck
Fact.

Outtasight
Colin.

10Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:59 pm

woofus

woofus

Colin, I'm offering to mail you a cd and pay you to receive it. It will have my autograph. Name your price and provide a mailing address. cyclops

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

11Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Colin

Colin

woofus wrote:Colin, I'm offering to mail you a cd and pay you to receive it. It will have my autograph. Name your price and provide a mailing address. cyclops

No
Young Drummer Don
is into all that.

Outtasight
Colin.

12Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:50 pm

woofus

woofus

I couldn't pay Don enough to accept my autograph . . . but mark my words, he will forever regret not singing one of my songs . . . as will I.

Colin, I'd still like to give you a complimentary magazine subscription.

13Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Not everyone needs a autograph.

Nobody "NEEDS" a cd nor an autograph, Colin! Nobody is going to keel over and die because they don't have a cd or an autograph. It's not a question of need as much as it is of having the privilidge of having. No one said anything about NEEDING anything.

I can tell you this much, the baseball I have with Booby Bonds' signature on it is worth substancially more than a regular major league baseball without any signature at all.

Woof,

I will be more than happy to receive your autograph and the money for doing so, and sing your song, since old tamborine player Colin is in to none of that. rabbit

Send it over. lol!

D.

14Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Colin I just did the conversion of 24 pounds to us dollars and it came out to $42.52. I realize the dollar is weak against the pound right now, as well as everything else, but wouldn't it have been cheaper to get it from another source ?

And I never said I "needed" the autograph. I think it's safe to say that I have more Cobham music , video, and memorabilia than you or anyone else on this site, so I really don't need anything. What I truly value is my friendship with Boomer, and the time I have spent talking with him about his music, his life, and whatever else we wanted to talk about. That's what's truly important.

Having his autograph on the CD gives added value to the item, in addition to the music. That's why he does it.

I'm curious as to what label HMv japan will be putting FFTL out on, if you know ? Because my copy is on Boomer's own label, Creative Multi Media Concepts. That might make one more collectible than the other. Peace, TED

15Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Colin I just did the conversion of 24 pounds to us dollars and it came out to $42.52. I realize the dollar is weak against the pound right now, as well as everything else, but wouldn't it have been cheaper to get it from another source ?

And I never said I "needed" the autograph. I think it's safe to say that I have more Cobham music , video, and memorabilia than you or anyone else on this site, so I really don't need anything. What I truly value is my friendship with Boomer, and the time I have spent talking with him about his music, his life, and whatever else we wanted to talk about. That's what's truly important.

Having his autograph on the CD gives added value to the item, in addition to the music. That's why he does it.

I'm curious as to what label HMv japan will be putting FFTL out on, if you know ? Because my copy is on Boomer's own label, Creative Multi Media Concepts. That might make one more collectible than the other. Peace, TED

16Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:37 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

YEAH!

IN YO FACE, COLIN!!!

....... I'm a trouble maker, huh?! jocolor geek

17Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:04 am

Colin

Colin

Ted E. Bear wrote:Colin I just did the conversion of 24 pounds to us dollars and it came out to $42.52. I realize the dollar is weak against the pound right now, as well as everything else, but wouldn't it have been cheaper to get it from another source ?

No Details on the Japan 24bit CD,
as yet.

Outtasight
Colin.

18Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:51 am

woofus

woofus

[quote="D. Slam"]

Woof,

I will be more than happy to receive your autograph and the money for doing so, and sing your song, since old tamborine player Colin is in to none of that. rabbit

Send it over. lol!

D.

Great news, Don, makes my day. I'm thinking the best tune for you will be What Are Nipples Made Of?. It's kind of a tango with a Morrissey vibe. Just joshin'. I've got a tune and workin' on demo now. My goal is funk-rock. I can rock and swing, but it remains to be known if I've got the funk, so I've been keeping you in mind. I'll post when ready in the next few weeks. In the meantime, don't leave the 'u' out of tambourine. Now there's an underrated instrument if there ever was one . . . familiar with the Subdudes? Guy makes a tambourine sound like an entire kit.

19Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:51 am

stephane

hi guys,
this was just a news for those who can't buy one at Billy's show or even at audiophileimport!I didn't want to put trouble here!
Even the "big" Mr fusion from audiophileimport.com sent me a stange e mail ...
Ted and Don ,an autograph is something special that's true,but for me music matters,i'm with you Colin!peace stef

20Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:33 am

Colin

Colin

stephane wrote:hi guys,
this was just a news for those who can't buy one at Billy's show or even at audiophileimport!I didn't want to put trouble here!
Even the "big" Mr fusion from audiophileimport.com sent me a stange e mail ...
Ted and Don ,an autograph is something special that's true,but for me music matters,i'm with you Colin!peace stef

Typical Crazy People.

Bang On Right Stef
HMV Japan is far better.
Quality - "No hassle " etc.

Outtasight
Colin.

21Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:20 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

[quote="woofus"]
D. Slam wrote:

Woof,

Send it over. lol!

D.

Great news, Don, makes my day. I'm thinking the best tune for you will be What Are Nipples Made Of?. It's kind of a tango with a Morrissey vibe. Just joshin'. I've got a tune and workin' on demo now. My goal is funk-rock. I can rock and swing, but it remains to be known if I've got the funk, so I've been keeping you in mind. I'll post when ready in the next few weeks. In the meantime, don't leave the 'u' out of tambourine. Now there's an underrated instrument if there ever was one . . . familiar with the Subdudes? Guy makes a tambourine sound like an entire kit.

You know, Woof, I actually googled it to make sure I was spelling it right and I didn't get back any " do you mean?" message so I went with it. I now realize that there is a "tamborine mountain, tamborine lyrics, tamborine craft"... etc.

Thanks for the correction, my bro.

On a more serious note. I'd be honored to try and sing to whatever you would like me to, Woof. I have a little trouble gaging when you're serious or not, but if you mean it, I'd love to try.

Stephane,

No worries, man. You're absolutely right about the music. It's just that Colin is so anal retentive, that it makes it easy and fun to yank his chain...

Nobody's sweating it except him.

Enjoy your, cd, my friend. Wink

Don.

22Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Colin

Colin

No Sweating here
Don.

Outtasight
Colin.

23Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:21 pm

woofus

woofus

D, I've been totally serious about laying a song on you from the first time I ever suggested it . . . and, of course, you get 100% veto power. Don't do me any favors; only do it if you and The Chiefs feel it's right . . . I firmly believe you've got the stuff. That means integrity people can hear. The Chiefs shouldn't be wasting too much time on covers . . . by the way, this looks like a nice deal on a snare in your area:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/861529954.html
(I play 1983 Sonor)

And DAVE, go pick up these FREE Sonors:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/hsh/867261986.html

And, Colin, you totally rock. Keep it comin'.

24Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:40 pm

woofus

woofus

And what's with aluminum foil these days? Are they making it thinner? If the banks aren't collapsing, you're eating little bits of foil leading to Alzheimer's. Hard to get ahead in this world.

25Fruit from the loom at hmv! Empty Re: Fruit from the loom at hmv! Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

All I can say is let me hear what you have... I can't speak for the Chiefs of course but... I can tell you I'm game.

Just so you know. The Joint Chiefs have two complete original cd's out to their credit.

Not wasting time with covers at all, Woof. It keeps us working and we make good Money doing this. I did two gigs yersterday and made $400.00. I also made $125.00 the previous day. It's putting heat in the house and food on the table, Woof... I have no reason to complain.

D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum