BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michael Jackson is Dead !

+9
Ted E. Bear
Colin
Admin (Pete)
Suss
stephane
Daveonskins
drumman
Drum_Student
Woody
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Drum_Student

Drum_Student

Im from the Bronx,Ny my Drum experience is just as my name implies A Drum Student, I can only Play limited stuff by ear. Because of my job i don't have enough time to be up here as much as i want to or to get back into my Drum studies like I want to either. I think im easy enough to contact if anyone want to contact just ask.
Ted do you know anyone in your area name Paul Conzo, also is the Bradeli still in business on main street there?

27Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:27 am

stephane

Yes Don,i agree too!I won't waist my time ...life is to short...i just want to share with positive and intelligent people!
Drumman,this is a good forum,and yes sometimes i disagree with what is said here ,and in this case i try with my bad english to explain my point of view,but i never forget to respect people ...What about you ?All of us were shocked by the death of Michael Jackson,i don't force you to love him,but you could understand and respect this.Peace,Stef

28Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Suss

Suss

Who said it earlier?... "you're messing with Family here!" I have nothing to add except to say that I'm in the Family and love every one of those who acknowledge our virtual sibling relationships. Most of you I have not met face to face, but I feel that I truly know those who take the time to share with each other, as I have clearly done with you. Sure we squabble from time to time, but as for me, I have humbled myself to the extent that when I'm wrong, I'll acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness. And guess what: those that I might have offended have forgiven me, as I have done the same. That is what manhood and manning-up is about. So yes: we are adults and I flat out and over the top love this community. I've learned a lot from you Guys. I hope that the feeling and learning curve is mutual on your part with me in mind.

As for Michael, I am musing on his incredible contributions to not just the musical community and audiophiles, but to just having been who he was. My faith-based belief system (and the Bible that I have spent the over 25 years teaching as an ordained minister (D.Min)) tells me that he is merely asleep. Having met and spoken with Janet Jackson, I know that the family is devastated at the sudden occurence and their loss. I also know that we would all do well to just consider our mortality among imperfections. It's amazing how in times like these we want to take ownership of what (and who) frankly don't belong to us in the first place. Yet this is human nature, and I respect that. Hey, I'm guilty of the same thing too - but probably more upon the dynamic of identifying with those that I choose to accept as friends and family. This is why I come back to my original point (and paragraph) above: namely I sense that I have a role and responsibility in this community to respect Mr. Cobham as a personal friend whom I've met and played on the same stage with back in the 70s (New Haven, CT/USA when I was the surrogate drummer for the Average White Band/AWB: Pick Up The Pieces Tour; we opened for Boomer's Spectrum gig).

As for the rest of our lot, let's pick up the pieces and be improved by our gleanings as students in Life rather than musicians and creative artists. I more than understand and engraft each personality toward the improvement of myself. Let it be known that I am a better person for having YOU in life, than I would be if never conversing with anyone. The internet is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it allows too many to be secretive. On the other hand, when properly managed, it allows us to be productive and encouraging. I believe when we are honest with ourselves, the same can be said for anyone - regardless of our diversity and backgrounds.

Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 BoomSuss

Thank you for your friendship. I'm a better person because of it. Rest in the peace that was always intended in the first place Michael. You may be asleep, but your music and true Giftings are alive in me.

Love,

Suss!

P.S. Hey Nephew Don - I love ya man. We know this as Men among Mankind.

Last edited by Suss on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

29Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

DM,

It's so easy to make friends,
here, and yet, you have done
everything to alienate yourself. I
can't imagine why you would
choose to do this.

I am sorry you have not accepted
my invitation into the community.

Rather than delete your posts,
I will let them stand, for now.

Please try and contribute
something positive.

Regards,

Last edited by Admin (Pete) on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

30Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

[quote=
Ted do you know anyone in your area name Paul Conzo, also is the Bradeli still in business on main street there?[/quote]

Hi Drum Student,

I'm originally from the Bronx myself but no I don't know Paul Conzo. I don't know what the Bradeli is either. Are you talking about Main Street in Port Chester ? there is no deli by that name there either. Sorry !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

31Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Welcome, Drum_Student!
Indeed, we all are and will
die as such.

Make yourself at home, here.
There are great people to meet
and experiences to share, as
well as the every now and then
visit, from the master, himself.

Regards,

32Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I second that!!
Welcome Drum Student!!

33Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Drum_Student

Drum_Student

Thanks Pete And Daveonskins for the welcome here and to everyone else who has welcomed me here

Ted the Bradeli was a Brazilian Deli which was on main street there in Portchester myself and guys from work use to get lunch from there in the mid 90's when i worked in Elmsford, I haven't been to that Deli since 96 they have one in MT.Vernon which is where i was raised I will be making a stop there when I return for a visit.

Suss all I will say about you is I have gained a lot of knowledge from you over the years thanks

34Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Speaking of Portchester, do the names
Jim Briganti or Mike Mattia ring a bell??

Regards,

35Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 am

Colin

Colin

drumman wrote:It figures that some of the uptight people on this forum would be offended
if you mentioned a documented fact that they didn't want to hear.
Sorry if your wearing your sensitive pants today, but Paul McCartney was greatly
affected by Michael's poor choice of actions, as were others that he did wrong.

If you some people want to act like little girls, then so be it. Enough said.

The Point is that does not Matter.
Paul is Stinking Rich.

The most amazing Photos
are MJ dancing on a stage
the same day as is sad death.

Life can be Fragile
and some folks do not notice

Outtasight
Colin.

36Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:05 am

Colin

Colin

Colin wrote:
drumman wrote:It figures that some of the uptight people on this forum would be offended
if you mentioned a documented fact that they didn't want to hear.
Sorry if your wearing your sensitive pants today, but Paul McCartney was greatly
affected by Michael's poor choice of actions, as were others that he did wrong.

If you some people want to act like little girls, then so be it. Enough said.

The Point is that does not Matter.
Paul is Stinking Rich.

The most amazing Photos
are MJ dancing on a stage
the same day as is sad death.

Life can be Fragile
and some folks do not notice

Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 15323825

Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 15323826

Outtasight
Colin.

37Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Suss

Suss

Drum_Student wrote:Thanks Pete And Daveonskins for the welcome here and to everyone else who has welcomed me here

Ted the Bradeli was a Brazilian Deli which was on main street there in Portchester myself and guys from work use to get lunch from there in the mid 90's when i worked in Elmsford, I haven't been to that Deli since 96 they have one in MT.Vernon which is where i was raised I will be making a stop there when I return for a visit.

Suss all I will say about you is I have gained a lot of knowledge from you over the years thanks

I'm VERY humbled and honest with you too. I'm the student along with you.

With Much Brotherly affection in this riddle of Life:

Suss!

Last edited by Suss on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total

38Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Colin

Colin

The CEO of AEG
who own the London Dome
is trying to get the Jacksons and other Jackson stars,
to perform some shows at that venue.

SkyNews showed it.

Of course not the same
but in the same groove ,I would say.

Outtasight
Colin.

39Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

It sounds like a great idea to
help all concerned, with what
would have been a comeback
tour, for Michael.

It might be possible to keep
the dates and convert the
shows and make them trib-
utes. I think ticketholders
would be glad to support
the cause.

Regards,

40Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Brazilian deli eh ? Well I know we have some Brazilian restaurants but I don't recall seeing a deli, though it may well still be there.

and Pete, I'm not familiar with those names you asked about, sorry.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

41Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:41 pm

woofus

woofus

I'm saddened by the loss, but somehow not shocked. Michael was a perplexing figure to the world, of course, though we all seem to know what a great-hearted person he was . . . I'd love to see him vindicated from the controversial aspects of his life. His music, however, will always be astounding.

What I love most is his work as a youngster. And not because I grew up just a few miles from the Jacksons in Indiana in the 60s. But that Jackson 5 music is simply amazing. He was our hometown boy and to see him dance on national television was exhilarating! Nobody moved like that and nobody sang like that . . . you got it, Tito!!!

I'm goin' back to Indiana! When this show aired in 1971, I was 10 living in the sand dunes of Indiana, riveted by Michael and the J5. And I still play the vinyl from this program: http://www.jackson5abc.com/albums/goin-back-to-indiana/

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

42Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I'm going back to Indiana! Yes! I saw that special when it aired. Then went out a got the soundtrack album...

Yes there were more than a few moments when I just couldn't figure out what Michael was doing and I realize there's much I don't know and most likely never will.... But I must admit that unlike you, Woof, this caught me totally broad side. I almost hit the floor when my youngest son, Nathen called home and said:

Dad, did you hear?!

No, what?!

Michael Jackson died!

I literally couldn't sleep for the next two days... It still has me a bit messed up inside. I really thought Michael was on the mend and I was really hoping for him to bowl em over with this series of concert dates.

The normal cliches that he'll live forever through his music, to me just doesn't seem to cut it or be enough for someone who was so out of the norm.

My best hopes for Michael is that now he's found the genuine peace and happiness that he was never able to find even with legions of fans throughout the world.

Rest blissfully, Mike.

43Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Woody

Woody

From what I've read it seems that Michael didn't take very good care of his health.
I saw where his Nanny said that she had to practically force him to eat one meal a day.
Too bad..... someone with that amount of talent should have been around until his golden years.
So sad........

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

44Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Niki

Niki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRrGO_nebf4

1997:

Relax
This won't hurt you
Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away

Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Demerol
Demerol

He's tried
Hard to convince her
To be over what he had
Today he wants it twice as bad
Don't cry
I won't resent you
Yesterday you had his trust
Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol
Demerol
Hee-hee-hee
Demerol
Demerol
Oh my Oh God it's Demerol

2009:

"After taking the Demerol, he started to experience slow, shallow breathing,” the source told the newspaper. “His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.”

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://myspace.com/nikidolp

45Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Niki

Niki

Michael Jackson was also for me one of the first musical memories in my life....he was our absolute hero when we were kids and I have so many very early memories of me and my cousins singing and dancing to Michael Jackson to MTV videos...whenever I hear songs of MJ of that time I can remember the 80s and my childhood..his music so to speak is a shortcut to my childhood and to my inner child - and we should never forget and cherish our inner child, that is what MJ also teaches with his music and his life.

All that said, I'm sad he is gone. But I just also think that he really is in a better place now and that he is delivered...I think he was a deeply sad and mentaly and physically ill person....I wished he could have worked things out during his life. Maybe he wouldn't have been the unbelievebal phenomenon then...who knows. I am just sorry he had to go through a lot of pain and he couldn't find peace in his life.

Thank you Michael Jackson, may you rest in peace and play happily in heaven.

http://myspace.com/nikidolp

46Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

I wished he could have worked things out during his life. Maybe he wouldn't have been the unbelievable phenomenon then...who knows. I am just sorry he had to go through a lot of pain and he couldn't find peace in his life.

Interesting observation, Niki... Not all but many of those who were exceptional in their field, or with the gifts they were given seemed to have very deep emotional and psychological problems, and their lives seemingly wound up ending under tragic circumstances.

Like everyone else here, I could start naming names but I'd be here all morning... Strange... It seems the higher up one is on the rung of success the more apparent it seem that a deal was made with the devil, not so much directly but through self deeds.

In actuality, there seems to be a series of unreasonable, unrealistic and unbearable demands that comes with reaching this level of success. Not just Michael, but many others have paid the ultimate price for grabbing this lure.

That being said, I have been an artistic fan of Michael since that very first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. No other artist that I can think of has bridged such wide social, racial and age gaps as Michael has done.

I have been down in the dumps over this since that dreadful afternoon of June 25th.

Gone too soon.

It's better to be viewed as a person, than a personality.

-Michael Jackson

Last edited by D. Slam on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

47Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Drum_Student

Drum_Student

Very well put

48Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Suss

Suss

D. Slam wrote:
In actuality, there seems to be a series of unreasonable and unbearable demands that comes with reaching this level of success. Not just Michael, but many others have paid the ultimate price for grabbing this lure.

It's better to be viewed as a person, than a personality.

-Michael Jackson

I agree Nephew D! I was speaking about this today with some folks - and then I come here and read the same sentiments.

IMO, those who mis-manage their lives seeking this "fame and fortune," can be said to succumb to the 'devilish' imperfections in themselves, as much as to the Devil himself. Funny thing about "success": we all want it, but the rules keep changing for the worse these days. Hence the "lure" [viz. idolatry) when (sadly) some achieving it cannot handle it (or even guard against it's dark side).

... and then there are the so-called "fans" who seem to lose themselves in the same way.

49Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

IMO, those who mis-manage their lives seeking this "fame and fortune," can be said to succumb to the 'devilish' imperfections in themselves, as much as to the Devil himself.

Yes, and that's in every aspect of life and not just fame and fortune. Somehow, many if not most are duped into believing that these things will surely change their lives for the better... That popularity and material wealth will bring happiness and contentment.

My opinion is that everyone, especially those seeking fame and fortune should read the book of Ecclesiastes, all of the Bible really. But this book really hits the nail on the head when it comes to dealing with the self indulgent ambitions of man.

I am by no means saying that this is where MJ was. But lets face it, fame and fortune is a powerful draw and many others have and will catch themselves in this snare. It's the very thing that turns one from wanting to be great at their craft in the beginning, to wanting to be...,,,

,,,, well, rich and famous. There is a major difference between the two.

D.

50Michael Jackson is Dead ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson is Dead ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Colin

Colin

Great show at the Staples AEG Live
Stevie Wonder sang that great '74 track.

And the Stage Drummer has 4 bass drums on his kit.

The show is just concluding.

Outtasight
Colin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum