BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barack for USA President

+10
woofus
fusionfunk
Anders
Niki
Swirler
Admin (Pete)
drumman
Suss
D. Slam
Ted E. Bear
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:49 am

Colin

Colin

Barack for USA President - Page 7 Unknown-1

152Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 am

Anders

Anders

Truely an interesting picture from one of our papers. The headline says "Is this the end?". According to a British newspaper one bad picture might have disastrous consequences for Mccain. The text under the picture says "What a mistake! John McCain lost on the stage doesn't look like the future president of a supernation, but rather like a clown". Of course these kind of situations where you relax for a fraction of a second can happen to anyone...

http://www.iltalehti.fi/usanvaalit/200810308510094_us.shtml

153Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Suss

Suss

woofus wrote:Suss, happy to see you here. Will you be voting for any candidate to be your President?

If not, I beg you to take a leap. Jump off the fence, step on a rake, make a mistake. Choose hope over fear.

I, for one, am literally sick of a fear-based way of life. I don't expect it to change in my lifetime or even the next several generations, but we can act toward a change in the nature of humanity away from fear. Put your bigfoot forward.

Hi Keith, et. al...

I tried last night to respond in a manner that explains my position on the issues and conviction that regardless of who is elected, there will still be problems. I've already taken that leap of faith Keith and certainly don't endorse the status quo of anything unless there is merit in taking that stand.

Frankly, I have more respect for Obama on the issues than I do McCain. And although I support some of the issues that the Republicans stand for, I equally believe that the lives that we lead in the finest democracy on the face of the planet is a personal matter within our framework (The U.S. Constitution) and not our party affiliations. Our citizenry is rife with predjudices, bigotry and (yes!) FEAR. In other words, I don't believe Republican efforts to legislate morality is legitimate; however I can identify voting one's conscience according to one's belief. It's a thorny issue and stand to take.

Essentially, it is also my right too to abstain from exercising a privilege that many lives have been lost to provide. I needn't remind anyone, particularly African-Americans (and other ethnicities who rallied in equity in the 60s to support basic civil rights, that democracy is an experiment, depending upon the cooperation of everyone participating in it:

In many respects, I share the sentiments of Alexis de Tocqueville, who in his nascent work on “Democracy In America,” wrote at the age of 25 back in 1831:

“A MAN has come into the world; his early years are spent without notice in the pleasures and activities of childhood. As he grows up, the world receives him when his manhood begins, and he enters into contact with his fellows. He is then studied for the first time, and it is imagined that the germ of the vices and the virtues of his maturer years is then formed. “
“This, if I am not mistaken, is a great error. We must begin higher up; we must watch the infant in his mother's arms; we must see the first images which the external world casts upon the dark mirror of his mind, the first occurrences that he witnesses, we must hear the first words which awaken the sleeping powers of thought, and stand by his earliest efforts if we would understand the prejudices, the habits, and the passions which will rule his life. The entire man is, so to speak, to be seen in the cradle of the child.”
“The growth of nations presents something analogous to this; they all bear some marks of their origin. The circumstances, that accompanied their birth and contributed to their development, affected the whole term of their being.”

… and to think this man, long deceased [Alexis de Tocqueville], came to our country from France to study America’s “prison system” - and wound up studying our politic (our manner of life).

I'm very proud of our diversity Guys, no matter where we hail from on our third rock from the sun. I'm equally proud that we have legal choices, and when exercised, they are to be respected.

Altogether I will cannot aid and abet what my conscience says I should not. Namely, I cannot vote for Obama because he is a black man; neither can I vote for McCain because I simply don't trust his (or much of his party's) position on issues. I am exercising my right to abstain: simply because that is my right too. No matter who wins, I am not afraid of the outcome. In fact I look forward to it.

cheers

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

154Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Racman

Racman

[img]Barack for USA President - Page 7 WARDRUMSET[/img][img]Barack for USA President - Page 7 BoomEnvelopecopy[/img]

http://www.glennracoma.com

155Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

If you have any final words
on encouraging others to
exercise their rights to vote
to make a difference, please
say them. This thread has
run its course and that
course is headed out.

My final:

Differences are what makes
this an interesting world. I
love it most, when people
can have them, share them,
and delight in them, without
hurting each other. That's
when differences are truly
wonderful - when they end
up complimenting one another.

I hope that this election
sees everyone considering,
in earnest, what is best for
this country, as they would
make a decision, at home,
for their family.

I will be voting for whom I
believe is most capable and
reflective of my core values
and the necessary knowledge
of the issues that beset our
country. Obviously, for my-
self, the democratic and
republican candidates are
not even near an option.

Regards, to all!!

sunny

Last edited by Admin (Pete) on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

156Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:17 am

woofus

woofus

Rac, what a great use of your graphic on the bass drum head . . . astounding image! To equate playing drums with making love, moreover, War with Play is sheer genius. Did you create that expression?

Suss wrote:Namely, I cannot vote for Obama because he is a black man

This will be misconstrued, Suss, unless you clarify. Are you saying since you're not necessarily thrilled by either candidate, by not voting you avoid being prejudicial by basing your vote on race? If this is the case, I would throw it aside and vote purely on the issues. Have no fear of prejudice.

Ignorant people of all races are voting for the wrong reason for both candidates.

These are vastly different candidates on the issues. People who believe they are the same, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" mentality, are blind. You can easily find the right reason to vote. This is no time for abstinence. Full steam ahead, right from the heart.

But, hey, if you're all locked-up inside on this, I can empathize. See here:
http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/index.html?nid=BbKmuOCXO8OQ69UOmP_uazc4NzA5ODM-&referred_by=13077378-M4XHIPx

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

157Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 am

Woody

Woody

That's funny, Keith. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

158Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:42 am

Suss

Suss

LOL! Now I feel like Joe the Plumber!

That was hilarious Keith! Woof! Woof! Your bark was certainly louder than your bite/byte on that one!

Okay... I give in! Yet not for the reasons you Guys think! And Keith: I don't have to clarify anything beyond simply making a choice. You had me rolling on the floor laughing with that depiction of me within the video footage! I felt like I was being "roasted" at a conference among friends! jocolor

Nonetheless, I understand what you are saying and sense that you understand what I am too - you just had to (in your inimitable fashion) put a spin on it to (as you see it) "wake me up!" Hey man... I got out of bed this morning on the proper side and with a great attitude! Whether that is a play on words (right or left), it doesn't matter. These daze there ought to be balance. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't latch onto my quote of Alexis T. Instead you brought my comment down to the lowest common denominator when I mentioned "race/ethnicity." Somehow by doing that (which was not my intent when mentioning it), you've already clarified my position on the subject without it being "misconstrued."

You're a great man Keith, et. al. And Glenn's (Racman's) graphics are apropos. I've always loved Rac's graphics and have said it many times on all of the forums in Boomer's community over the years.

I also loved what Pete said: ALL OF IT! Of course we all still have time to weigh in on the issues. I just know that at the end of the day on November 4, 2008 (in the U.S of A.) more will be in the wings than who is on stage! [if you get my drift]

Woof! Woof! But where are the teeth you dawg!? LOL!

Love you Guys!

BTW... here I am as a happy baby at just over a year old - at least that is what my Mother had told me! LOL! [reread my earlier Alexis de T. quote to keep it in context]

Barack for USA President - Page 7 Suss-1YearOld

Barack for USA President - Page 7 Suss-1YearOld2

Wasn't I cute?!

Obee Bee Kay Baby... I can hear it already coming from yous Guys:

"What the heck happened to you Suss?"

lol!

I don't know except that my knees are rustier!

lol!

Last edited by Suss on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total

159Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:03 am

Suss

Suss

Admin (Pete) wrote:

I hope that this election
sees everyone considering,
in earnest, what is best for
this country, as they would
make a decision, at home,
for their family.

sunny

Pete,

Among your words of wisdom, this is what stood out to me: and you know why.

What I'm actually asking is "What is family these days/daze?"

Thank you my Brother for that reminder, however wounded any of us become on the course of living Life!

Thank you Pete, along with Don (DSlamm), Ted, Woody and certainly Boomer, et. al! study cheers

http://www.johnsussewell.com/ItsNotEasy-SingASong1986.mp3

"It's Not Easy"

Written and sung by Candi Staton-Sussewell, produced by me and becoming our 2nd Grammy nomination on Our label Beracah Records, Inc. (a subsidiary of Beracah Ministries, Inc.) in the Gospel category) internationally distributed in the commercial marketplace through the knowledge, skills and abilities I gained from nearly 15 years of formerly working with class acts as a drummer (honing and whetting the blade to cut AND heal at the same time). It takes a precision of a surgeon and sushi chef to make distinctions among those discerning. This is available to everyone if only asked without self-promotion. Just ask the right questions: then, and only then, will the right answers be evident and embraced. This reality is not merely dubbed as a gift or talent: It is much more than that for anyone to decipher when hunger, honesty and humility preempts selfish attitudes.

Oh yeah... Candi singing, Randy Harper (ATL) on keys, Phil Hamilton (NYC) on guitar, Norbert Sloley (NYC) on bass, The McCrarys (LA, CA) with Howard McCrary Lead on BGVs (I'm in the mix there too! - can you hear my voice? I'm there singing.), Jim Boling (ATL) with synthesized effects on chordal progressions, Thom Kidd (ATL) with the audio engineering - and yours truly on drums and percussion. In memoriam, the senior engineer (Gary Ham) suddenly passed away back then in the very midst of the recordings. Thom took over - everyone was devasted, but somehow this music and our faces in the place (ATL) brought some comfort to the loss of a great man.

The horns were recorded at Kenneth Copeland's (the teacher/evangelist/pilot) studio at Eagle Mountain outside of Fort Worth, TX, utiliizing the music director's arrangements that at the time was working with Robert Tilton, pastor of a church fellowship in Farmers Branch, TX.

Oh, I almost forgot. This picture I took during a three-day photo session behind a Hasselblad medium format camera wound up being the album cover for "Sing A Song!"

Barack for USA President - Page 7 CandiStaton-SingASongLP-1986FRAMED

Candi was both silk and satin in my life for that time. I'll always love her in spite of her walking out of my life in 1998 and after nearly 20 years in a proper marital relationship. I was devasted, but have received professional counseling behind it.
My love for Candi these days is unconditional - not romantic by any means. There is only one (1) in my life: and I've yet to see her again. Her name is Bethelyn. Oh, oh... lest I forget: My Love is for by Brother Christ who gave his life for all eternity. Oh yeah: let me get my priorities straight! Sorry for the confusion between sentient and surreal. That is my cross/stake to bear. Just know it.

For clarification, I draw upon a Greater Wisdom by God's Word; not mine, or even any of ours:

* LUK 21:12 But before all these,
they shall lay their hands on you, and
persecute you, delivering you up to
the synagogues, and into prisons,
being brought before kings and rulers
for my name's sake.
LUK 21:13 And it shall turn to you
for a testimony.
LUK 21:14 Settle it therefore in
your hearts, not to meditate before
what ye shall answer:
LUK 21:15 For I will give you a
mouth and wisdom, which all your
adversaries shall not be able to
gainsay nor resist.
LUK 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed
both by parents, and brethren, and
kinsfolks, and friends; and some of
you shall they cause to be put to
death.
LUK 21:17 And ye shall be hated of
all men for my name's sake.
LUK 21:18 But there shall not an
hair of your head perish.
LUK 21:19 In your patience possess
ye your souls.

We are living in these times Gentlemen.

I certainly am while holding onto the holistic value of being gregarious without shame, but with Love!

GAL 5:22 But the fruit of the
Spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,
faith,
GAL 5:23 Meekness, temperance:
against such there is no law.
GAL 5:24 And they that are Christ's
have crucified the flesh with the
affections and lusts.
GAL 5:25 If we live in the Spirit,
let us also walk in the Spirit.
GAL 5:26 Let us not be desirous of
vainglory, provoking one another,
envying one another.
GAL 6:1 Brethren, if a man be
overtaken in a fault, ye which are
spiritual, restore such an one in the
spirit of meekness; considering
thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Thanks Guys... I always learn something when exchanging with you in that meek (not weak) Spirit!

Love Ya!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Billy Cobham/Boomer! I must have a vacation soon! When I get the funds, I'm going to Eleuthera as I expect my playing on your tune begs for - no multi time signature changes, but pure synergy with dreams and destiny! Have safe travels my friend.

http://www.johnsussewell.com/Elue041303.mp3
Yours truly on drums, overdubbing from one of the many tunes in the Conundrum release (Warner Bros. Publishing; 2002)

... now this is the tune in my book. I've been to the Caribbean and the Bahamas so many times I can't even tell you. Yet somehow I've never been to Eleuthera. I hope in Billy Cobham 's experience, I've captured this tune for him, rather than others who are listening here on face value only.

And Colin: I still wonder who you are. You started this thread but live in England! Go figure! Are you moving here? afro

Last edited by Suss on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

160Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 am

Colin

Colin

Barrack Live on Worldwide TV
just now, said McCain is throwing Everything at the Fridge
to see if any sticks.

He also pointed out
8 years ago McCain said he would never takes this road,
but now he is.

This Stinking Corruption from McCain
sums up what is wrong with his Evil Republic Side.

Outtasight
Colin.

161Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:31 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Pete,

Everyone is being cool and they obviously still feel the need or desire to voice their views on the matter. So what is it that determines for you that this thread has run it's course? Everyone knows that you're an independent. Sorry it didn't work out, but that is no reason to cut people off at the knees simply because you are unhappy with the available candidates. I fail to see the reason for this kind of censorship simply because that power rests conveniently at your fingertips.

Cmon, Pete get over it. You read like a sore loser. Rolling Eyes

Bottom line for non voters: We are all allowed to pick the players in the game. Our positions awaits us at the polls. Those of you who choose NOT to take your positions in the player election process really have no right to complain how the game is played. So later on when you DO decide to flambe our elected officials because they are not up to your perfect standards, ask yourself one question:

Who did I vote for?

Don.

Last edited by D. Slam on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

162Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Colin

Colin

Don

Pete is making a sensible point
regarding Not doing Personal (Poster to Poster) Attacks.

And that is Very Wise.

Outtasight
Colin.

163Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:52 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:Don

Pete is making a sensible point
regarding Not doing Personal (Poster to Poster) Attacks.

And that is Very Wise.

Outtasight
Colin.

You don't throw out the baby with the bath water, Colin. I have not seen such attacks except yours on MCcain and Palin.

164Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 pm

Colin

Colin

Any Attacks on them (the Corrupt Republics)
is not attacking a Poster.

We leave that to You Don.

Outtasight
Colin.

165Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:58 pm

woofus

woofus

Suss wrote:Okay... I give in!

Let's clarify this like butter, Bigfoot. Are you voting, or not?

Bite this: I don't care about your reasons. But as a federal employee, you should be forced to vote. Bigass. lol!

166Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

woofus wrote:

Bite this: I don't care about your reasons. But as a federal employee, you should be forced to vote. Bigass. lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You're too much, Woof! lol!

167Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:11 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Hey, Colin,

You mentioned personal attacks.... I am only saying that I have not seen any personal attacks outside of the mean and viscious names you have been calling a couple of people.

I just find it funny how interested you are in an election and in a place where you don't even live and have no say so.

Do you know where YOUR kids are? No

168Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:Hey, Colin,

You mentioned personal attacks.... I am only saying that I have not seen any personal attacks outside of the mean and viscious names you have been calling a couple of people.

I just find it funny how interested you are in an election and in a place where you don't even live and have no say so.

Getting the Bush Clan (McCain) out for Good
matters to the World now
Both our Nations were attacted
(The London one because The UK was in the USA Invasion of Iraq)
and Barrack is getting out of Iraq.
That means so much for all the great people
that have their kids out there.

This Election is Safety with Barrack

Or

War with McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

169Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:
D. Slam wrote:Hey, Colin,

Getting the Bush Clan (McCain) out for Good
matters to the World now
Both our Nations were attaclked
and Barrack is getting out of Iraq.
That means so much for all the great people
that have their kids out there.

This Election is Safety with Barrack

Or

War with McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

Ok, Colin,

That makes a heck of a lot more sense, being policy related and sticking to the issues. My point is I believe Pete would prefer that the personal attacks and name calling stop whether it be directed at someone else on the site or not. When you attack someone's candidate choice the way you have been doing, calling Sarah Palin a "nasty bitch" and John MCcain "half dead", it offends that person who has chosen them as their candidates. What makes it even worse is you're not even a citizen of this land. Nobody else is all up in someone elses cabinets like you are, Colin. Regardless how you may feel, show some respect at least for those that live and die here and love the candidates they have chosen to vote for.

Express your views, just cool it with all the filthy name calling, man. It's unecessary and only makes people angry.

I'm sure there are weeds in your own backyard that could use some pulling up.

It couldn't hurt.

Don.

Last edited by D. Slam on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

170Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Colin

Colin

'Filthy Name Calling'

We leave that to McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

171Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:13 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:'Filthy Name Calling'

We leave that to McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

Make up your mind, dude! Question

172Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:

We leave that to McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

You said 'Filthy' Name Calling
I tell you now that is what McCain and his Corrupt team are now doing.
(Reported on UK Ch4 News, & Sky News)

Name Calling (Poster to Poster)
yes that is wrong of you.

My Mind is 100% Clear Don.

Outtasight
Colin.

173Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Suss

Suss

woofus wrote:

So if You Don't Care Keith, what is your concern?

Yes, I am a Fed, but I ask again, WHAT IS YOUR CONCERN? Please clarify your position on the matter. I already did!

Sleep

cheers

174Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 pm

woofus

woofus

I still don't know if you're voting or not, Suss. All I know is you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning . . . I assume you're voting.

My concern is twofold: to get the vote out for my candidate of choice, and most importantly, help a friend get past what I saw as frustrating internal bureaucracy . . .

How you arrive at your desired location (wherever that may be) is none of my business, so I choose not to care . . . though, of course, I really do. Off to the Halloween gig! What a Face What a Face What a Face

175Barack for USA President - Page 7 Empty Re: Barack for USA President Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:58 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:
D. Slam wrote:

We leave that to McCain.

Outtasight
Colin.

You said 'Filthy' Name Calling
I tell you now that is what McCain and his Corrupt team are now doing.
(Reported on UK Ch4 News, & Sky News)

Name Calling (Poster to Poster)
yes that is wrong of you.

My Mind is 100% Clear Don.

Outtasight
Colin.

I have no doubt your mind is 100% clear, Colin........ 100% Clearly confused, but the word clear still works it's way in there somehow doesn't it? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum